Poll Worker Payroll Information
The Election Commission CANNOT submit payroll to the payroll department without the following documents:
- Signed Payroll Sheet
- Signed Oath of Poll Workers on the Election Protocol Form (Form #9) from Election Day
- Copy of Social Security Card (unless any changes have been made, you will only submit this to our office once)
- W-4 Form (unless any changes have been made, you will only submit this to our office once)
Important Information Regarding Payroll
- First-time Workers MUST complete a W-4 form and submit a copy of their social security card.
- Address Changes MUST complete a new W-4 form.
- Name Changes MUST complete a new W-4 form and submit a copy of the new social security card.
- Failure to submit the appropriate documents will delay your check significantly.
- Checks are mailed out four to five weeks AFTER the election unless there are extenuating circumstances.
- Poll Workers may earn up to $2,000 per year without having FICA withheld (federal taxes are not withheld from election workers)
- W-2 forms are mailed to poll workers in January that earn $600 or more per calendar year. If you receive a W-2 in January, the IRS has been notified of your income.
- Check with your accountant for tax law changes or any questions related to your taxes.
Rate of Pay for Election Officials
Election Judge – $13.14/hour
Assistant Election Judge – $12.07/hour
Equipment Clerk – $12.07/hour
Election Clerk – $11.00/hour
For more information on becoming a poll worker, please call the Pulaski County Election Commission at (501) 340-8383.