Student Poll Worker Program
"Foot soldiers for democracy"
What is a poll worker?
- Poll workers are essential to ensuring that elections are a success. Through the Student Poll Worker Program you would be working Election Day (November 4th) as an Equipment Clerk, Voter ID Clerk or Ballot Clerk. Duties include checking in voters, issuing ballots and managing voting equipment for the election.
Why should you participate in the Student Poll Worker program?
- The smooth operation of elections forms the bedrock of our Democracy.
- This program gives students the unique opportunity to exercise their civic duty while learning about the election process.
- Students can earn money in a safe and well supervised environment
Who is Eligible?
- You must be registered to vote in Pulaski County by October 6th.
- Not registered? Click here to register.
- Have transportation to the polling location.
Want to get paid?
- You will get paid $25 for the two hour training.
- You will also receive $105 if you work the whole day (6:30 a.m – 7:30p.m.)
- or $52.50 if you work a split shift (6:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m. or 1:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.)
Students who participate in the program must:
If you are a professor or administrator and want to involve your students in this program click here:
For more information contact us: